Sunday, July 10, 2011

In memory of Norman

We don't know the beginning of Norman's story but I can tell you how great it got. When Norman showed up at the shelter Oct 10,2004 the lights were off, the doors were locked and our shifts were over. It was time for our last check and then I saw him. This man was standing at the door with something in his hands~ I opened the door and asked how I could help~he said "I found him by the dumpster and he needs help". Even though we were full and I didn't think he was going to make it much longer, I took him from the man and said "I'll take him from here". Not moving much, covered in ticks and fleas, I put him in my car and headed home. The odds were not on Norman's side~ he was too sick for the surgeries he needed and it was going to get expensive. We didn't give up on him and he knew it. He realized he had a reason to live again and did he ever! He loved life and was loved by all who knew him! On July 6,2011 Norman let us know in his own way that he was ready to put his wings on
and wait for us on the Rainbow Bridge.

My husband Dan and I are grateful for AAR and that late Thursday shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment