Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mike

I have been volunteering at AAR since July of 2010. I have felt so fortunate to have been offered this opportunity to work with the wonderful people and share time with all of the 4 legged residents. I was afraid I might become a crazy cat or dog lady, but so far had resisted the urge to bring them all home.
Our grand old lady passed away a few days ago and our house did not feel like a home without a four legged kid in it. There were several kids I would have loved to invite home with me, but Mike seemed to fit the bill. I always spend a little extra time with Mike each time I visit the shelter and he is such a sweet boy.
Mike was ready to go home with us. He climbed in the truck, gave AAR a final look and then was ready to go.
We feel so lucky to have Mike in our family. His biggest decision from now on will be trying to decide which couch or bed to sleep on.
Will keep you posted on his adjustment to home life.
Thank you to all at AAR
Cindy and John Day

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture of Mike leaving in the truck. That says it all, doesn't it? Thanks Cindy, for your volunteering and for making Mike a part of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i worked with mike in 2007 with sara he was such a great dog its nice to see he got a great home!

    ReplyDelete