Monday, June 7, 2010

SKYLER In our hearts

IN MEMORY OF SKYLER AKA SUGAR RAY> 1-05 / 8-29-09

On 1-4-06 I was looking in the paper and saw a very handsome young man by the name of Sugar Ray. I called to see if he was still available and was told yes. I had done alot of research on Boxers and knew of health issues they faced and knowing white Boxers have even more problems my husband and I were willing to adopt. We went to AAR and met this wild man! But we fell in love with him immediately! I knew it would take some hard work to train him to have good manners.

All the hard work paid off Sugar Ray became Skyler Green Meador and with that I trained him and he trained my husband. All was well in the Meador household until 8-21-07 when a small mole on his back right leg looked like he had been bitten there it was swollen. I took him to the vet it was removed and he was diagnosed with Mast Cell Tumor Cancer. Through 8 surgeries he ate well and had energy to keep his dad inline! July 29, 2009 just after noon our precious boy lost his battle with cancer. Through it all and now in our grief and loss we were blessed that AAR ia a "No-Kill Shelter" so that we had the opportunity to have this wonderful beautiful boy in our lives. With all those beautiful faces waiting on their forever home, I would never purchase a dog or cat through a breeder, pet store, on the side of the road....etc. I would adopt again or sponsor a dog or cat. Now the wound of losing our boy is still fresh to think of adopting now, but I will continue to support AAR with
a donation like Skyler and I did every December.
Thank You AAR!
Gail Meador

No comments:

Post a Comment