Friday, June 4, 2010

Beau

Beau had quite a lot to say about our car ride until we turned right down by the shopping center, then he became strangely silent. He dozed all the rest of the way home. Once in the house I put him in the bathroom with the intention of keeping him there a few days to acclimate. But to my surprise he escaped and explored the rest of the house immediately, finally sitting in the window growling at the birds and squirrels. The window and cat tree with string toys are his favorite places to be. But another thing he does just cracks me up. He'll run the length of the house, up and down the hallway as if something were after him, and then slide around the corners, his little paws looking for traction, and sliding till he gets his grip. He could be in a cartoon. He is getting lots of exercise. True to his name, Beauregard is master of the realm, the dogs properly defer to him. His most loving habit is when sitting or sleeping with me, he keeps one paw touching me most all of the time. Odd, because it is a habit of my own too.

Thank you so much for my sweet baby Beau. Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment