Monday, August 8, 2011

Dazey

I volunteered at the AAR with my best friends church. My grandma (BJ) had been volunteering already, so I asked her if I could start volunteering there with her. The next day, I was outside walking dogs on leads, when I saw one I had recognized (Dazey). I said to myself, "oh, that's Dazey." I went over to her as she was barking. When I took her out to play, I absolutely fell in love with her! I put her inside, and heard that she was heartworm positive. My heart was wripped into shreds. I loved her to death. I began coming to the AAR almost everyday (she was getting worse), because I was scared that I wouldn't get to say good - bye. I had to stay home after having surgery, and I was very sad, I didn't know what was going to happen with Dazey. That day, Dazey was very down, and depressed. Everyone thought that she was very sick. My grandma told them, "It's because Maddie's not here." The next when I came, she was fine and up and her normal crazy self! Months later (Dazey had recovered
from heartworm), I was inside doing homework. I couldn't find my mom, so I checked outside. There was a big white puff of bouncy curls. I stepped back for a second. I said "Am I dreaming, like seriously, this doesn't feel real." I was really serious though! She's has been in our family for seven months now, and she fits right in! I am very proud to have given her a reason to stay strong, and to live through her horrible heartworm. I will never, ever forget that I changed her life... and she changed mine.
Thank you AAR!


-Maddie
File #0 100_0390.jpg exceeds the maximum file size. Error: 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment