Sunday, October 17, 2010

Brandi and Charlotte

I adopted Charlotte from AAR on 9/11/2009. She was 3.5 years old, shy and timid. Charlotte came with some wonderful qualities: she can sit, walks on and off leash, rarely barks, sits up on her back legs and is a loving dog. We look forward to our Sunday 2-mile walks... I don't know if I'm walking so that Charlotte gets her exercise.... or, if she's walking so that I GET MINE.

I decided that Charlotte needed a dog-pal. So, I adopted Brandi from AAR in August 2010. Little Brandi is 1.5 years old, never meets a stranger and is afraid of nothing. Both Charlotte and I love her. She has made Charlotte a "better" dog, too. Charlotte is more friendly around people and does not want to get left out of any attention.

Everyone is encouraged to adopt a dog or cat from a shelter if you are looking for a pet. AAR is wonderful and is a no-kill shelter, one of the many reasons I volunteer my time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment