Friday, November 2, 2012

Update on Otto! (formally Flip)

I'm back with a quick update on Otto (formally known as Flip). And he has gotten so big! I've found out his favorite toy of all time is HAIR TIES, and that he absolutely loves playing with them in the tub and/or sink. He loves to wander downstairs and torment our dog(A Lhasa Apso), and my brothers dog(An Alaskan Malamute, yes, that big dog breed!). He roams around, strutting around with confidence, it's quite amusing. =]

But at the time of his adoption, we had(and still have) a much older cat, Smokey (11 years). At first Smokey wanted NOTHING to do with him, as he was a little rambunctious kitty cat who just wanted to maul him. But in late August Smokey's behavior towards Otto began to change. At first I would just hold him, letting him sniff, of course after Smokey would hiss and retreat. But eventually I let him go, and they both began to play! So more and more I let Otto interact with Smokey, and I'd go find them both laying on the bed. Now I confidently and comfortably enclose both Otto and Smokey in three fairly big adjoining rooms on one side of our house. Smokey, who has been lonely since her owner went off to college now has a playmate to keep him company(and to keep him in shape!); and Otto, who also loves attention and hates being left alone has someone to hang out with. (And I have someone that can help drain that energy!)

Otto is just a little bundle of joy. Such a calm, well-mannered kitten. I am so glad I picked him up on that day, and I just had to share this with y'all! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment