Saturday, August 28, 2010

Ellie

I can't thank you enough for my beautiful girl, Ellie, or "Ellie Belle" as we have come to call her. It was love at first sight for me, but even though she was wonderful from the start, Ellie layed low and took a few days to get her bearings and feeel secure. At first we didn't think she had a voice, and she didn't seem to know what to do with a toy - but now, wow, she's as playful as can be and let's herself be heard! She's so cute when she's prancing after the birds and squirels in the yard (hasn't caught any thank goodness), and she loves it when the grandkids come to play, letting them crawl all over her - she's sooo good! And smart? Ellie can sit, shake, lay down, stay, walk well on her leash, and has never had a housetraining accident from day one! I feel so blessed to have her in my life! I was warned that she was a "bolter," so I had her microchipped when I took her in for a once-over with my local vet. Of course the vet fell in love with her like everyone does, and I'm happy to report that that there have been no "bolting" incidents to date. I can't adequately express my gratitude and admiration for all of the wonderful volunteers at aar - your policy of caring for every pet for life made it possible for me to find Ellie after her original adoption didn't work out. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment